Here is what I am working on.
Espresso – I now have seven sections with four diagonal rows per section. I need to spend some serious quality time putting the sections together to finish the quilt top. Why the rush you ask…well, the next quilt project needs to get on the design wall so that I can make some decisions.
Americana – here are some of the border units. Still have bunches more to make. Using my ‘Companion Angle’ ruler by Darlene Zimmerman made it bit easier to sew these triangles together. It helped me match up the points of the triangles with the notched corner. Less worrying about dog ears and offsetting the triangle points.
I had prepared and cut the black/white/grey striped fabric that I wanted to use for the block sashing and started to sew them on when I realized that they where too big. Bummer. With some help from my best friend and quilting buddy, we decided on a smaller size. You wouldn’t think that a 1/2″ would make that big of a difference but it did.
Last week we had some beautiful warm days in the 70’s now the high is expected to be in the 40 and 50’s – what can I say – it’s Minnesota.
Check out my ‘Linky Parties’ page to find some fabulous blogs where I share my projects and get inspiration.