Another of my WIP’s is done! Yahoo !
Don’t look too close. Not my best sewing but I am glad I took the time to learn to work with curves. Have I mentioned how glad I am that this was a pre-cut kit with registration notches. Next time (if there is ever a next time) I will pay more attention to the direction I press the seams. I ended up repressing some of them when I sewed the blocks together.
On to other projects. I am making progress on both my ‘Quiltsville Facets’ and ‘South Beach’ quilts. Blocks are done for both (I think) and I am deciding on layout and placement. How are your projects going?
I was hoping for Spring to show up but after a few nice days we are back into cold weather. I woke up this morning to temps around 20 degrees. Brrrr.
Check out my ‘Linky Parties’ page to find some fabulous sites where I share my projects and get inspiration.Micki
Seven more blocks are done and I ONLY have two more to make. Yeah! My goal was to make one block per week and I think I am a little ahead of my deadline (so far).
I have always been drawn to the ‘Winding Ways’ design because of the interplay between the blocks. Initially, I wasn’t sure how this odd collection of colors would work together but I am thinking it might turn out okay. Can’t wait to get all the blocks sewn together.
In the process of making these blocks I have had an opportunity to improve my skills at sewing curves. One of my goals this year was to try something new – I think this counts. Love the design…not so thrilled with sewing them.
Check out my ‘Linky Parties’ page to find fabulous sites where I share my projects and get inspiration.Micki
As you can see I have made some progress on my ‘Mystery Block kit by John Flynn. Over half way done.
I was hoping to be able to show you a finished quilt top today but the border idea I had for ‘Fortune Teller’ doesn’t look as good as I had visualize it. The triangle base is wider than it is tall so the finished block turned out to be around 8” x 9-5/8”. Makes for an odd size of 33” x 38”. An idea I had was to make it into a square wall hanging by adding a larger border on top than on the other sides. This would give it more of a offset floating center. Liked it … but … (you knew there would be a ‘but’) in order to make it square the top border would be around 10-11″. This seems a bit too much for a small quilt. There is also the fact that I don’t have a lot of the background fabric left. What’s a girl suppose to do!Micki
I was able to get three more ‘Wheel of Mystery’ blocks done but I think I am still one week behind my goal. These are not the prettiest collection of fabrics but I think it will look good overall.NEW FLASH:
My webmaster is working on a ‘QUILT’ page for 2 Dogs Studio so that I can show you some of the things I worked on during the year. Some might be finished and some might just be quilt tops.
Hard to believe that it is 2014. Wow, where did 2013 go. Have you set any quilting goals for the new year?Micki
Just finished this weeks’ block. Four done….sixteen more to go.
– Blue, green and teal fabric collection – still pondering layout
– Leaders and Enders – putting some blocks togetherMicki
Yahoo…second block done.
I posted last week that I found the John Flynn’s pre-cut quilt kit that I had purchased ages ago. My goal…make one block a week. Seemed like a doable commitment. Of course, I won’t mention that I didn’t start to work on the second block until yesterday. Hey…better late then never.Micki
My girlfriend and I took a bus trip to Chicago to attend the International Quilt Show ages ago. While at the show we both purchased John Flynn’s ‘Wheel of Mystery’ quilt kit. The kit contains pre-cut pieces to make the quilt in the photo. I am embarrassed to say how long I have had this kit but I am determined to put it together. My goal is to try to make one block per week.
- Week 1 block done !Micki