TA DA ! Here is my ‘Scrappy Summer 2015 #1 quilt top ‘Petals’ all completed. I wanted to make a simple quilt that would show off the floral fabrics but still make a statement. I had originally planned for it to be set straight (just to be different) but the quilt demanded to be put on point. What’s a girl to do! It did make for some very long diagonal seams. I love the look of the background grey fabric – it allows the floral fabrics to shine.
Check out my ‘Linky Parties’ page to find some fabulous blogs where I share my projects and get inspiration.Micki
Wow !! Can you believe it is already July. Where did June go? Here is what is going on in my studio.
Batiks – I have many batik fabrics hanging out in my stash. It has been ages since I used them in a quilt so decided that they would be perfect to use for a couple of easy designs I want to play with. So far I have chosen 18 batik fabrics. The first quilt idea will be some version of a nine patch.
Here are some of the units I have made using Bonnie Hunter’s Leader/Enders idea while working on other projects. I must confess that sometimes I sew more than one at a time. I am anxious to get more on the design wall to figure out the layout. I am at a point now that I need to go back and cut up some more squares and rectangles from the recycled shirts.
Check out my ‘Linky Parties’ page to find some fabulous blogs where I share my projects and get inspiration.
Have a great evening,Micki