Here is the first Scrappy Summer 2017 quilt top.
‘Diamonds’ was made using a LARGE variety of batiks. It finishes at 47″ x 65″. I am proud to say that ALL of the fabrics came from my stash. Yahoo ! There are a few duplicates but for the most part the fabrics were only used once. Yes, the cutting table is still packed so the oversized setting triangles edges haven’t been trimmed down yet.
I cut the fat quarters into strips and then cross cut them into large triangles using my 60 degree ruler. They were then matched up into pairs and placed on my design wall to figure out placement. The triangles were sewn together into rows – easy peasy. Oh, by the way, I am working on my second scrappy summer quilt which is based on curves. Come back and see how it turns out.
Although most of the day lilies have finished blooming I did catch a cool photo of a ruffled peach one.
Here is my back yard showing how the birds and the breeze have scattered coneflower seeds all around the garden.
Have a great day!