Do you ever experience that? Having too many projects going at the same time. Yikes.
There are many WIP’s hanging around but here are the ones I am working on:
1) Bonnie Hunters 2016 Leader Ender Hourglass block challenge. I decided that since I gathered such a nice collection of beige, brown, black fabrics for the hour glass challenge I might as well use them to make another quilt. I am using Cluck Cluck Sew star block tutorial to make some simple star blocks. I was originally thinking of a straight forward layout with sashing but then …what if ?!?… Yes, I know the dreaded ‘what if’s’ attack again. As I completed the star point units I pinned them to some fleece on my design wall. Although I am not sure about what to put in the centers I really like it the interlocking layout. Downside is that I would need to make many more blocks to get a decent size quilt.
2) My girlfriend and I are doing another book challenge. If you didn’t see the last one check out Book Challenge #1. We take turns choosing a quilt from one of our books and actually using a pattern from it. I got to choose the quilt pattern this time. The quilt required MANY MANY 54.40 blocks which ended up more of a challenge than I thought they would be. It is a secret so I can’t share any photos yet.
3) Making another ‘Using your old stash’ quilts. This time using some of those old calico type fabrics that have been hiding out in boxes for years. The block is the same as my Using your old stash #2: Flannel. It is true – if you cut up ugly fabric small enough it isn’t as bad. These squares finish at 1-1/2″.
4) Lets not forget about the 2016 Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks. I made a few ‘replacement’ blocks and started sewing the blocks into rows. Will I get the quilt top done before the end of December? Who knows but I will try.
5) December deadlines are coming up soon. I need to sew on the binding on a quilted wallhanging gift, add a border to both my personal 2016 leader/ender (recycled men’s shirts’) challenge and the last Scrappy Summer 2016 quilt.
Need to prioritize and really need to stop looking at new ideas.
Check out my ‘Linky Parties’ page to find some fabulous blogs where I share my projects and get inspiration.